Turn your CPC training from a requirement into really rewarding professional development with HCT Group's CPC programme
DCPC (also commonly known as simply CPC) stands for Driver Certificate of Professional Competence and is a qualification for professional LGV/PCV drivers.
All drivers must complete at least 35 hours of DCPC every 5 years on a continuous basis – this is what’s called periodic training. The minimum length of a training course that contributes to the Periodic Training requirement is seven hours. This is typically split into 5 courses that run for 7 hours at a time, so on average drivers receive training once a year.
Our Courses (LGV/PCV)
- Emergency First Aid
- Customer Care Awareness
- Disability Awareness & Equality
- Road Safety and Regulations Part 1 (Driving Hours/Working time Directive Digital Tachograph)
- Road Safety and Regulations Part 2 (Reducing Accidents/ Incidents and threats of Terrorism)
- In the Zone (designed to encourage greater awareness of the human factors and behaviours related to crashes)
- Safeguarding our Customers
- Principles of Safe Driving
- Driver Safety at Work & Personal Health & Well-being
If there are other programmes of training that are not listed or in- cab training that you would like us to provide as part of your Driver CPC programme, it may be possible for us to seek approval so that these can qualify as periodic training for your drivers (please contact us for details). There is an additional cost and courses do have to meet certain criteria, but we are happy to advise you if this option is of interest.
How much are the courses?
Each course is reasonably priced at £70 per delegate. Group discounts are available – please call 020 7275 2423/2407 for details
When are the courses?
We run these programmes throughout the year - call 0772 690 0816 / 0772 636 0594 for the most up-to-date timetable or complete our CPC course enquiry form here.
Where are the courses held?
Our courses are held at:
- HCT Group Learning Centre Ash Grove Bus Depot, Mare Street, London E8 4RH
- HCT Group Learning Centre Walthamstow Depot, 2 Walthamstow Avenue, London E4 8ST
- Other locations across London
CPC for managers
We are also an OCR acreddited centre for CPC (passenger transport) for managers, please see here for details
Call 0772 690 0816 / 0772 636 0594 for the most up-to-date timetable information and register or complete our CPC course enquiry form online.