MiDAS minibus driver training
Lascot has extensive experience in training people to drive minibuses. We deliver regular Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme (MiDAS) training programmes from facilities in Southwark (Old Kent Road).
If you are a Group Transport member and you would like to self drive one of our minibuses, then, subject to these conditions, you will need a current MiDAS certificate to be able to do this. MiDAS is the national standard for minibus drivers in the voluntary and public sector.
Our MiDAS training is delivered by full-time Midas assessors who bring years of practical experience that will help you get the most out of your course. The programme includes:
- Legal responsibilities of driving a minibus
- Safe and environmentally friendly driving techniques
- Vehicle familiarisation and checking
- The correct use of passenger lifts and wheelchair restraints
- A certificate valid for 4 years upon successful completion